Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Electric fire at City Transit facility delaying Breeze Card reloads

​Fire investigators have determined the June 16 fire at the City's transit facility was caused by an electrical malfunction in the engine compartment of one of the buses. Due to the required cleaning and restoration of the building, normal operations have been disrupted and users may see some delays in the reloading process of Breeze Cards.

The displacement of buses from the building has restricted communication from administration to the bus. Those reloading their Breeze Cards by phone may see a longer than usual time for that information to be transferred to the buses. Direct reloads at sales locations will not be affected.

On Saturday, June 16 at approximately 10:00 a.m. Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services deployed four stations to a fire in the City's Transit facility. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.

City crews are working diligently to return all services to normal operation as quickly as possible.

 

Media Contact:        

Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services                  Lethbridge Transit

Marc Royer, Fire Prevention Officer                              Felipe Guerra, Lethbridge Transit

403-320-4115                                                               403-320-3868

marc.royer@lethbridge.ca                                            felipe.guerra@lethbridge.ca