The City of Lethbridge is asking residents to provide feedback on City programs and services. We want to hear from you!
Although we still can't host in-person community engagement events at this time, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are happy that we can still connect with residents digitally through the Get Involved Lethbridge website at www.getinvolvedlethbridge.ca. The Get Involved Lethbridge site now has the capability to translate the content into more than 100 languages, making it more accessible to the entire community.
The Get Involved Lethbridge website is where residents will find all of the opportunities to interact with the City to provide feedback and share ideas. Check back often to see what's new.
July Engagement Opportunities
- Recreation and Culture Master Plan (July 15-Aug. 5) – The City of Lethbridge is developing a Recreation and Culture Master Plan. The Master Plan is a strategic document that will guide the City's decisions and investment into these quality-of-life services (including facilities, programs and events). All Lethbridge homes have been mailed a postcard with a unique code for their household. By visiting https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/recreation-and-culture-master-plan residents can enter their code and complete their household survey.
- Performing Arts Centre (until July 13) - The City's current theatre, Genevieve E. Yates Memorial Centre, is booked to capacity and cannot accommodate additional bookings or new performance opportunities in the future. Despite upgrades to this facility, there is still a high demand for quality performing arts space in Lethbridge. This project includes the establishment of the Performing Arts Centre (PAC) Steering Committee to guide the functional planning and preliminary design for a potential Performing Arts Centre in Lethbridge. We want to hear your thoughts on this potential project. Visit: https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/performing-arts-centre-functional-planning-preliminary-design
- 3 Avenue Beautification (until July 10) - A lot of exciting things are happing on 3 Ave S. In addition to the Reconstruction Project now underway from 4 St. to 8 St, the City is also embarking on the 3 Ave. Beautification Project to rejuvenate this entire 1.6 km corridor. This project will design both the esthetics and the function of the street, creating a safe, friendly, vibrant and appealing space for not just cars but also transit, pedestrians and cyclists. What would you like to see? Visit: https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/third-avenue-south-beautification
- Municipal Development Plan (MDP) (July 13-Aug. 10) – This plan is based on cultural, economic, natural environment and sustainability for the city. We want this to be the embodiment of the community's vision for the future of our city. Our population has grown and our needs have changed. We are reviewing the MDP to see what is working well and what needs to be updated or added to ensure this plan contributes to the quality of life of our community. We want to hear your ideas! Visit: https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/mdp-2019
- Waste Management Master Plan (July 13-Oct. 7): This plan will help to determine the public's satisfaction with the current garbage collection system, curbside recycling and other disposal programs. It will also look at innovative new activities to reduce reliance on landfill disposal. We want to hear from you to help produce the roadmap for leveraging the programs already in place and propose new programs in order to further improve waste prevention and management in Lethbridge.
- Downtown Lethbridge Personas (July 8-24) – As part of the refreshed Downtown Lethbridge brand, the downtown is looking to develop a better understanding of currently uses the downtown and how they would like to use the downtown into the future. This will allow for the evaluation of what services and amenities are missing from the downtown, and how to attract and retain residents in that space. Visit: https://getinvolvedlethbridge.ca/ourdowntown starting July 8 for more details.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Lethbridge