Due to increasing cases of COVID-19, the Government of Alberta is enacting temporary measures, including mandatory masking in all indoor public spaces and workplaces, starting Saturday, September 4 at 8 a.m. For more information on the new Provincial Government announcement, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
Pools & Aquatics Centres
The following changes are in place at indoor aquatics facilities operated by Recreation Excellence until further notice:
- All facility users are required to wear a mask in all areas until they enter the water. Masks are not required in the water during the swim.
- Facility staff are required to wear masks while working indoors
- If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 before your scheduled swim time, please stay home and follow AHS guidelines
- All payments will be made at the facility through the front desk
- Change room bins and lockers will be available
- Showers are open
The public swim and programming schedule for Stan Siwik Pool can be found at www.lethbridge.ca/stansiwikpool. Nicholas Sheran Pool is scheduled to re-open September 7 and Fritz Sick Pool will re-open on September 8.
Masks must be worn while users are indoors at Henderson Pool but can be removed once outdoors. Henderson Pool will be closed as of Tuesday, September 7.
For the latest information about pools operated by Recreation Excellence, visit www.lethbridge.ca/swimming.
The public is encouraged to reach out to other facility operators about their indoor masking protocols.
- Cor van Raay YMCA – Lethbridge YMCA
- Max Bell Aquatic Centre – University of Lethbridge
All patrons must wear a mask in the arena. For on ice participants, masks are required to be worn until they dawn their helmets or are using the shower facilities. Masks must be worn by spectators, coaches/trainers and any other ice level patrons at all times.
For more information about the public skating schedule, visit www.lethbridge.ca/publicskating.