The City of Lethbridge is seeking applications for new members on a number of boards, commissions and committees. To be eligible for membership, you must be a resident of Lethbridge and be at least 18 years of age. Board positions are voluntary with the exception of a few that include an honorarium.
- Animal Welfare Committee – an advisory committee to City Council on issues relating to abandoned and feral animals in Lethbridge
- Community & Social Development Committee – an advisory committee to City Council on issues relating to social policy, services and program funding
- Galt Museum & Archives Board of Directors – has full responsibility for management and control of the Galt Museum & Archives
- Heart of Our City Committee – an advisory committee to City Council to champion downtown Lethbridge revitalization through implementation of the Heart of Our City Master Plan
- Lethbridge Housing Authority – a provincially-mandated housing management body established to provide a sufficient amount of adequate, safe, secure and affordable housing for those who, because of financial, social or other circumstances, need help to obtain or maintain accommodation.
- Lethbridge Public Library Board – responsible for developing a service plan, approving board policies, preparing budgets and employing the CEO who manages the library
- Municipal Planning Commission – responsible for advising and deciding on land use, planning, development and subdivision issues
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board – responsible for hearing appeals, as required under the Municipal Government Act, from those affected by decisions of local development and subdivision authorities
- Youth Advisory Council – comprised of members aged 14-25, this group advises City Council, the City of Lethbridge and community partners on issues relevant to youth in Lethbridge
For application forms as well as additional information on these committees and the qualifications we're seeking, please visit: www.lethbridge.ca/Committees or contact the Office of the City Clerk at 403-329-7383. The deadline to apply is Friday, Oct. 26, 2018. Appointments will be effective Jan. 1, 2019.
Aleta Neufeld, City Clerk
City of Lethbridge