A number of City amenities are now available for use, as long as residents can adhere to the current public health orders. As stage one of the Provincial Relaunch Strategy begins to roll out, the City of Lethbridge is carefully reopening some amenities with strict guidelines for use in place.
After evaluating the provincial guidelines for stage one and receiving various mitigation plans from community organizations and City departments, the local Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC) has approved the opening of the following:
- Disc Golf at Nicholas Sheran Park
- Fenced dog enclosure at Peenaquim Park Dog Run
- Tennis Club at Henderson
- Community Gardens (with a plan in place)
- Skate Parks across the city
- Mountain Bike Park in the river valley
- Horseshoe Pits across the city
- Lawn Bowling at Ted Petrunia Park and Bocce at Redwood Park
- Other outdoor courts (for recreational use only) including:
It is important that residents understand that these amenities can only be used if participants can properly follow the provincial public health orders. This includes:
- No groups larger than 15
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres at all times from anyone outside of your household
- Washing/sanitizing your hands well and often
All other City amenities and facilities remain closed until further notice including: City Hall, playgrounds, park benches, picnic shelters, outdoor washrooms (with the exception of Galt Gardens), pools and arenas.
Even though the province has identified some of these amenities in phase one (such as playgrounds), the local ECC is still working to determine how these can safely open for the community.
For more information the City's response to COVID-19 visit www.lethbridge.ca/covid19.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.