Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Northside Residential Fire December 19

Lethbridge Fire & EMS crews responded to a residential structure fire in the 2400 block of 20 Street North at approximately 6:40 p.m. on December 19.

Four stations responded to the fire and it was extinguished approximately 90 minutes later. 

One individual was rescued from the structure and was transported to Chinook Regional Hospital in critical condition.

The damage estimate is $500,000 and the fire is still under investigation.

Update on December 21:

Fire investigators have concluded their investigation on this house fire and have deemed it as accidental.

The Fire Prevention Bureau would like to remind residents that space heaters are a temporary source of heat and should never be left unattended. Please remember to keep the area around these types of appliances clear of any combustible materials.