Residents can look forward to expanded swim options as Nicholas Sheran Pool re-opens on Monday, September 21.
Registration for swimming lessons at Nicholas Sheran Pool will begin on Tuesday, September 22 at 9 a.m. Class options and registration information can be found at aquatics.lethbridge.ca
As guidelines continue to be updated by the Government of Alberta, changes continue to be made at all pools managed by Recreation Excellence, including:
- Change rooms are now open before and after swims but physical distancing must be maintained and masks must be worn while you are in the change room area.
- There will be a limited number of lockers available for use.
- Showers will only be available as you enter the pool. We ask you refrain from showering after your swim.
- Hot tubs and saunas are now open with capacity limits
- Public Swims are no longer required to pre-book their swim time. Limited swims such as Lane Swimming and Fitness classes still must register online.
- Masks must be worn by patrons in common areas in the facility.
- Spectator areas are still closed at this time.
Plans to re-open Fritz Sick Pool are underway and it is currently targeted to re-open in late October.
All residents must still comply with the COVID-19 public health orders in place including gathering restrictions and maintaining physical distancing of 2 metres between individuals not from the same household. Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use any public amenities. Bylaw #6239 – Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings requires that a person must wear a face covering at all times while in an indoor, enclosed or substantially enclosed public place or in a public vehicle. Exemptions include children under two years of age, or persons with an underlying medical condition or disability which inhibits their ability to wear a face covering.
Safety of staff and all of our residents is our number one priority.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.