Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire - South Lethbridge

​Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential building fire at the 100 Block of 2 Ave South at approximately 12:28 p.m. on Wednesday September 18, 2019.

When emergency crews arrived on scene, there was light smoke but no visible flames. An occupant of the residence was discovered in the home and transported to Chinook Regional Hospital with serious burns.

Emergency crews from two stations responded and extinguished the fire. Damage is estimated to be $15,000.00.

The fire has been investigated and determined to be accidental. Residents are reminded to avoid using high concentration breathing oxygen and open flame in the same location.


Media Contact:
Troy Hicks
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3135
troy.hicks@lethbridge.ca