Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services have completed their investigation into a residential fire on Beech Road South last weekend – and ruled it to be accidental.
Twenty-two firefighters from four stations arrived to a single family residence involved in fire at about 9:30 p.m. on Friday, April 2. Upon arrival, crews found smoke and flames on the side and rear of the house. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly and no injuries were reported.
A small white dog escaped the property during this fire and is still missing. She is likely scared and seeking shelter in the area. Please call Lethbridge Animal Services at 403-320-4099 if you see or find this dog.
Fire investigators deemed the origin to have been an overloaded multi-plug outlet in a bedroom. Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services would like to remind residents to follow proper guidelines for electrical outlets.
Damage is estimated to be approximately $350,000.