Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire - West Lethbridge Dec. 18

​Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential fire on Oxford Road West at approximately 12:43 a.m. on Friday, December 18, 2020.

When emergency members arrived, there was light smoke flowing out of the structure's front door. Flames were visible out of the rear kitchen window. An occupant of the residence had discovered a candle had tipped over in the kitchen. Emergency members from two stations responded and extinguished the fire.

There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $80,000.

The fire has been investigated and determined to be accidental. Residents are reminded to never leave candles or open flame devices unattended.