Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential building fire in the 3600 block of 23 Ave. S. at approximately 6:35 p.m. Tuesday April 7, 2020.
When firefighters arrived there was light smoke showing. The homeowner had discovered the fire and called 911. Firefighters from two stations responded and extinguished the fire. There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $15,000.
The fire has been investigated and determined to be accidental. Residents are reminded that there is always a potential for fire when any portable electronic device is left plugged in. This fire was the result of an issue with a battery while charging.
Fire Prevention Officer