Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential fire in the 1400 block of 43 Street South at approximately 10:40 p.m. Thursday, December 27, 2018.
Neighbours discovered the fire and called 911. When firefighters arrived on scene, there was visible smoke. Crews from three stations responded and extinguished the fire. There were no injuries and damage is estimated to be $30,000.
The fire has been investigated and determined to be electrical fault and accidental.
Residents are reminded that there is a fire risk when portable electronic devices are left plugged in. Appliances continue to draw a current when left plugged in and a faulty device can cause a fire.
Fire Prevention Officer