Sign In

News Centre

Category Image

Residential Fire in North Lethbridge

​Lethbridge firefighters responded to a residential building fire in the 100 block of 18th Street North at approximately 11:15 P.M. Thursday, June 14, 2018.

When firefighters arrived there was smoke flowing out of vents and open doors of the structure. Visible flames from the kitchen. Neighbours had discovered the fire and called 911. Firefighters from three stations responded and extinguished the extended fire. There were no injuries, and damage is estimated to be $120,000.00.

The fire has been investigated and determined to be electrical fault and accidental.

There is a potential for fire when a portable electronic device is left plugged in. Appliances such as coffeemakers and blow dryers continue to draw a current when left plugged in. A faulty device can cause a fire.

 

Media Contact:
Doug Broadhead
Fire Prevention Officer
403-320-3805
doug.broadhead@lethbridge.ca