At approximately 12 p.m. Thursday, February 9, Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a single-family house fire in the 700 block of 17 Street South.
Crews from three stations responded and found smoke coming from the basement of the residence. Crews made a quick entry and found a small fire smoldering between the front porch and the exterior wall of the house.
Occupants of the home were able to escape and there were no injuries reported.
Damage has been estimated at $10,000.
Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services would like to remind residents that when extinguishing smoking materials, ensure they are always disposed of properly in a non-combustible container filled with sand or water.