Traffic signal upgrades will continue throughout the summer months. Please be aware of upcoming work and refer to the list of upgrades below. These timelines are tentative and weather dependent.
In most cases, traffic will be maintain using temporary 4-way stops. In areas where the work is more disruptive to traffic, some detours maybe required.
The work will begin after the morning commute. Traffic lights are expected to be out of operation for approximately 5 hours to facilitate this work.
- Thursday, June 28: Scenic Dr. & 10 Ave. S. Detour required – see map.
- Thursday, July 19: Scenic Dr. S. & 24 St S. College Dr. S.
- Thursday, August 2: Scenic Dr. S. & 28 St. S.
- Thursday, August 30: 28 St. N. & 26 Ave. N.
- Thursday, August 30: 28 St. N. & 9 Ave. N.
- Thursday, September 13: University Dr. W. & Bridge Dr. W.
The signal lights are anticipated to be fully operation by the end of the work day. Drivers are reminded to treat the intersection as a 4-way stop, unless otherwise posted, follow temporary traffic signs and drive with caution.
Traffic Signals Manager | City of Lethbridge