The Executive Leaders Coalition on Opioid Use, Prevention and Education Subcommittee, will be hosting two public information sessions entitled Addiction Basics.
The sessions, planned for January 29 and February 12, will see community experts speak to a number of topics including what is addiction and how it develops, what treatment options are available, and how we can prevent substance abuse.
- Sheena Visser – Senior Planner, Public and Primary Health Care, AHS South Zone
- Shieghla Kowalzik – Addiction Counsellor, AHS Addiction and Mental Health
- David Gabert – Communications Lead & Project Coordinator, CMHA
- Chris Windle – Health Promotion Facilitator, AHS Addiction and Mental Health
Sessions will be held:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. at Lethbridge Public Library, Main Branch, Theatre Gallery
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 from 6:00 -7:30 p.m. at Chinook High School, Media Centre
The Executive Leaders Coalition on Opioid Use is a group of 16 local organizations that was formed in November 2016 to improve the coordination of services to respond effectively to the opioid crisis in Lethbridge and includes representatives from the health, police, justice, emergency medical, post-secondary, municipal, education, and social service sectors.
More information on the coalition: www.lethbridge.ca/drugstrategy