Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services responded to a residential building fire on Blackfoot Road West at approximately 4:30 a.m. on Nov. 16.
When emergency members arrived, there was flames coming from the roof and the rear deck of the structure. Occupants of the residence were alerted of the fire and escaped. Emergency members from two stations responded and extinguished the fire.
There was a report of one person being checked at hospital and released with minor injuries. Damage is estimated to be $400,000.
Fire Investigators completed the investigation late this afternoon and the fire was found to be accidental.
Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services would like to remind residents that when extinguishing smoking materials, ensure it is always disposed of properly, in a non-combustible container filled with sand or water.