Lethbridge residents will see waste and recycling programs and services slowly start to expand hours and capacity as we continue into stage one of the Provincial COVID-19 Relaunch Strategy.
- Saturday, May 23, yard waste sites will add weekend operations moving to 7 days a week, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. On-site restrictions will remain in place to ensure physical distancing.
- May 23-25, Waste and Recycling Centre (landfill) will offer three days of free residential disposal (max 250 kg). This one-time, extended program will help manage any backlog of material people may have on their property from the COVID-19 restrictions.
- The City's regular free Saturday program will resume Saturday, May 30.
- Large Item Service is back to a regular operation – including Freon and metal pick-up. If you had booked a LIS pick-up that you no longer require, please call 311 to cancel.
- Demolition bins rental will resume. Please call 311 if you require a demo bin rental.
The Waste and Recycling Centre will maintain its current hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The City remains committed to ensuring current public health orders are followed at all times and sites remain safe for staff and public. This means visitors could be turned away if lines get too long.
Residents are thanked for their patience and understand while the City has been modifying programs and services in response to COVID-19.
For more information on Waste and Recycling services visit www.lethbridge.ca/wrs.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Joel Sanchez, General Manager - Waste and Recycling Services
City of Lethbridge