At approximately 5:10 a.m. on Wednesday, August 21, several 911 calls were received reporting a structure fire on Selkirk Rd W.
A total of 19 fire fighters from four stations responded and upon arrival found the garage fully engulfed in flames with fire spreading to the residence, trees and neighbouring property. Crews were able to extinguish the fire within an hour and a half with no injuries reported.
An investigation has been conducted which determined the fire was accidental. The estimated damage is $150,000.
Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services would like to remind residents that when smoking, ensure you are aware of your surroundings and always disposed of the smoking materials properly, in a non-combustible container filled with sand or water.