November 9, 2020
Updated at 2:15 p.m.
Updated 12:30 p.m.
Due to heavy drifting, the City's Yard Waste Sites are not accessible today. We anticipate they will be back to regular operations tomorrow.
Updated at 10:30 a.m.
Lethbridge Transit has now returned to full service. Please note some routes may still be experiencing delays as service is restored.
Access-A-Ride is only booking essential travel for today.
Updated at 8:45 a.m.
The intense winter storm that hit Lethbridge over the weekend has impacted some City services. Road crews have been operating 24/7 focused on priority 1 routes but heavy drifting and icy conditions still make for challenging road conditions. Anyone needing to travel this morning should give themselves extra time and travel with extreme caution.
We ask for everyone's patience as we work quickly to clear snow and resume normal operations.
- Bridge Drive remains closed at this time.
- Plows have been working the priority 1 roads
- Loaders are clearing up plugged areas in various parts of the city including Paradise Canyon, Legacy Ridge and near Cavendish in the Industrial Park.
- Arranging for some loaders/trucks to clear out some of the hot spots/drifts downtown.
- School buses are not running today.
- Lethbridge Transit service will be reduced to one hour.
- Access-A-Ride will be operating for essential travel only.
- Some routes may be cancelled or delayed due to road conditions. Please follow
MyRide for updates.
- Stan Siwik and Nicholas Sheran pools are now scheduled to open at 12 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 9.
Waste and Recycling
- Large Item Service pickup and commercial waste services will be delayed today.
- Once conditions improve, crew expect to be able to catch up on all services scheduled for today, likely by the end of the week.
- Residents expecting a large item or Freon appliance pick up should leave them at the curb until they can be collected later this week.
- Parks crews will be concentrating on clearing Priority 1 snow routes.
Follow the City's social media or visit
www.lethbridge.ca for regular updates.
November 8, 2020
Update at 7:15 p.m.
Due to the ongoing winter storm, Stan Siwik and Nicholas Sheran pools are now scheduled to open at 12 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 9.
Update at 6 p.m.
Due to the winter storm, school buses will not run tomorrow. Lethbridge Transit service will be reduced to 1 hr and Access-A-Ride will be operating for essential travel only. Some routes may be cancelled or delayed due to road conditions, please follow
MyRide for updates.
Update at 3 p.m.
Lethbridge Fire and Police have responded to numerous multi-vehicle accidents this afternoon related to the rapidly deteriorating road conditions. Only essential travel is recommended at this time.
City road crews are out in full force, focused on priority one routes and clearing drifted in areas. Near whiteout conditions and heavy drifting are making snow clearing difficult. Roads are also very slippery underneath the snow. Again, travel is not recommended at this time.
Nicholas Sheran and Stan Siwik pools are closed because of weather. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Anyone using Lethbridge Transit today should expect delays because of the poor road conditions.
For Public Inquiries:
Call 311 | Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.