Inspired by Nature – Youth Art Exhibition
At Helen Schuler Nature Centre Community Art Gallery,
sponsored by Rotary Club of Lethbridge East
September 30 – November 9, 2019
Calling all youth of Southern Alberta!
Exhibit your nature-inspired artwork at the Helen Schuler Nature Centre with the Rotary sponsored "Inspired by Nature – Youth Art Exhibition."
How to Participate
We are expecting a lot of interest in this exhibition! We want to make sure we can fit everyone's work into our community art gallery, so please take a moment to read through this web page and follow the instructions.
- Expression of Interest
- Your name and age;
- *Please note all submitted works must be nature themed and all participating artists must be under the age of 18*
- Approximate size of the artwork you want to exhibit;
- Title of artwork;
- Medium of artwork (see submission details);
- Photo of artwork (if it is ready).
- Once you have expressed interest to participate, we will confirm your space in the exhibition, there
is a chance your physical work may not be displayed due to space limitations;
- Plan to drop your "hang ready" (e.g. framed, foam-core mounted, etc) art work off at the Nature Centre the week of September 23-29, 2019;
- Participating artists' parents must sign a waiver and release form in order to participate:
- Inspired by Nature – Youth Art Exhibition will officially run September 30 thru November 9, 2019
- A Gallery Closing reception will be held on November 9, 2019 and will provide an opportunity to recognize the amazing submissions and award prizes to "Best in Show" as decided by our Adjudication Panel from Rotary Club of Lethbridge East;
- Artists must make arrangements to pick up their artwork from the Nature Centre on the Gallery closing date of November 9, 2019.
"Inspired By Nature" Submission Guidelines
- All entries must be original, and must not be a copy of any existing work.
- Entrants must be residents of Alberta and 18 years of age or younger.
- Entries must be inspired by nature.
- No purchase necessary.
- Participants must sign a waiver and release form.
- Expressions of Interest must be received by 11:59PM MST on September 16, 2019. Artwork must be delivered to the Helen Schuler Nature Centre the week of September 23-29, 2019.
- Limit of 1 physical submission and/or up to 5 digital submissions per entrant.
- Entries can be drawings, paintings, sculpture, printmaking, textile, or other forms of original art;
- Entries must be mounted appropriately (for example on foam-core or framed).
- All compositions must be:
- under 3 minutes in length;
- original compositions;
- uploaded to YouTube and a submission form must be filled out;
- Entries can be entirely instrumental or include lyrics;
- If lyrics are included in the composition, all lyrics must be original and written by the entrant; a lyric sheet should be included with your entry;
- You are welcome to work with friends, siblings, classmates, etc. in creating a composition.
- Be sure to use the highest quality setting on the camera – photos must be at least 3 megapixels, and ideally 6 or higher;
- Entries must be mounted appropriately (for example on foam-core or framed);
- You must take the photo(s) yourself.
- All entries must be 3 minutes in length or less;
- All entries must be uploaded to Youtube and a submission form must be filled out;
- All entries, including any still images, music, and video clips that are part of the video, must be original;
- You are welcome to work with friends, siblings, classmates, etc. in creating a video;
- All entries must be original works;
- Entries must be 100 words or less.
Questions? Please contact Marianne Virag at 403-329-7379 or Marianne.Virag@Lethbridge.ca
Thanks to Rotary Club of Lethbridge East for sponsoring the Inspired by Nature - Youth Art Exhibition!