Launched in November 2015, the City of Lethbridge offers a Fee Assistance program for residents who face financial barriers to participating in recreational and cultural opportunities.
Each qualifying individual can receive up to $150 for one activity in the first half of the year (January 1st - June 30th), and $200* for one activity in the second half (July 1st - December 31st), offered by a local organization providing recreational and cultural programming and/or memberships. For those uncertain of programs available, some websites to review for ideas: Active Lethbridge, Lethbridge Sport Council, and Allied Arts Council and/or ask City staff.
To qualify for this program you must provide:
Proof of Lethbridge Residency by uploading one of the following:
- Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Government Issued Letter or Notice
- Current bill from utility provider such as home phone, gas, cable, energy provider
Proof of Income Status or Proof of Household Income below Statistics Canada's Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) by uploading one of the following:
- a current Medical Service Card if you are on AISH
- a letter from a housing program such as Lethbridge Housing Authority if you are a client
- a Direct Deposit Statement if you are on Income Support, EI, or CERB*
- a copy of a Refugee Protection Claimant document if you are a refugee
- a recent pay stub
- Tax Notice of Assessment
Low Income Cut-Offs (before tax)
Activities that qualify must:
- be eligible for federal tax credits under the former Physical Activity or Arts and Culture tax credit guidelines
- be a Lethbridge organization
- be a class or membership at any organization that offers recreational or cultural activities*
cannot be used for reimbursable fees (ie fundraising or uniform deposits), travel to out of town competition, or program of three days or less).
Click the button below to fill out and submit the application form.
Items marked with an asterix* are temporarily in place for 2020 in response to COVID, and will revert back to the original policy on January 1st, 2021 or once the budgeted 2020 funding runs out
For questions, please contact Lori Harasem at
firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 403.360.1720
Funding will be provided until budgeted funds are used up in any given year.
Funding can be combined with
Jumpstart for programs, as well as Flame's Sports Equipment Bank.