As the goal of the Communities in Bloom committee is to foster civic pride, partners in this program are the residents, businesses and community groups working together to achieve this goal. The following is a list of a few types of projects which may help beautify our community. For more information or to get involved, contact us at 403-320-3020.
- Get together with a neighbourhood group and “adopt a park”, pick up litter or organize a guerrilla garden event
- Learn more about the plants, trees and shrubs in our area and how best to care for them
- Plant a commemorative native tree to improve air quality and the beauty in your neighbourhood
- Get involved in the “Grow It” Community Garden, Campus Roots Cooperative Garden or Grow a Row for the local Food Banks
- Support local horticultural, heritage and environmental organizations
- Organize a “Green Project” at your school or business
If you have ideas for worthwhile projects or are already involved in ones that fit the criteria – please let us know so we can add it to our files.