Sign In

Park Access Permits

​Park access permits provide permission for homeowners to access their property through a city green space or park to complete landscaping, backyard renovations, etc.

Why do I need a permit?

Access permits are required to ensure that you have safe access to your property through the park space. You may need access for large equipment such as trucks, small tractors such as bobcats, or vehicles for delivering materials. 

Having a permit in place also ensures that any damages that occur to the grass, irrigation system or concrete/asphalt pathways can be taken care of by the proper party. 

How do I get a Park Access Permit?

Contact 311 or submit a service request online, you will be put in contact with the correct Parks Foreman depending on your location.

 A Parks Foreman will reach out to you within 3 business days and will set up a meeting with you and/or your contractor on site to go over the Permit Application, fill it out, sign and return a copy to you. 

 The Parks Foreman will take photos of the access route at the time of permit approval, to assess any potential damages that may occur due to the work being proposed. 

 No work may commence before an access permit has been granted by the Parks Department.  

 Once approved, a parks worker will meet you and/or your contractor on site to unlock the nearest park gate for vehicle access. 

 These permits are available at no charge from the Parks Department. 

 Home owners may be fined if an access permit has not been applied for or approved and backyard work done causes damage to park or green space. 


What is not allowed?

  • Heavy equipment such as cement trucks
  • Work during rain events

For more information

Online: Submit a service request
Phone: 311 or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)
Address:  City Hall, 910 4 Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0P6