Sign In

Block Parties

Block Party Permits

A permit is issued when a group of residents wish to close off a City street (residential) for the purpose of a party by Recreation & Culture 403 320 3011. 

Application can be made in person by a homeowner on the block. Applicants will be asked to provide a petition signed by 100% of the residents on the block.

  • Petitions will Include:
    • name
    • address
    • approval or disapproval and reason for disapproval

A map showing the location of the block party and the location of the temporary street closure will also be requested with the application.

Block Party approvals are granted on an individual basis considering such things as disapprovals on the petition, location and previous history of block parties at the location.

1. Block used is occupied predominantly by owner/residents
2. Block party time limits are 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Noise Bylaw 5270)
3. Applicant remains at the party until its conclusion
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the City streets
5. Open fires are not permitted on the City streets
6. Emergency access will be permitted and available at all times during the event. (eg. Fire, ambulance or police vehicle/personnel)

2010 Block Party Roadway Closure Application.pdfBlock Party Roadway Closure Application

2010 Block Parties Conditions of Use.pdfBlock Party Conditions of Use