Losing a dog or cat can be a stressful experience for you, your family and your pet. Here are some tips that might help you find your pet and return him or her home.
- Look around your neighbourhood right away. Ask neighbours, children or others (e.g. mail carrier) if they have seen your dog or cat.
- Contact the Lethbridge Animal Shelter at 403 320 4099. To help us find your dog or cat we ask that you provide a detailed description, photo (if available), dog license number and any tattoo or microchip information.
- Lethbridge Animal Services also has a Facebook page. Feel free to post your lost pets there as well!
- You may also want to contact the Lethbridge Humane Society at 403 320 8991 to see if your dog or cat has been dropped off there.
- Call veterinary clinics in the area.
- Put up posters (on mailboxes, community bulletin boards, etc.) or deliver them door-to-door in your neighbourhood.
- Post your missing pet in the “Lost Pals” section of the Lethbridge Herald. Check back regularly to see if anyone has posted a found dog or cat that matches your pet.
- Use the internet. There are many websites available to help you find a lost dog or cat. Check out Kijiji, Petfinder, Facebook and Twitter (just to name a few).
- Stop by and see us. We are happy to help where we can.
Return to the Main Lost and Found Page
Lethbridge Animal Shelter
2405 41st Street North
Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 5W3
403 320 4099
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.