Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions

​Top 10 Questions

Where do I go to purchase a plot or arrange for interment services?
     The office at Mountain View Cemetery or call us at 403 320 3008. Interment services for cremations can be scheduled by the family. Interment services for a casket are scheduled by the funeral director.

How much notice do we need to open a grave?
     We require 8 regular operating hours notice for interments in Mountain View, Royal View Memorial and St. Patrick’s Cemeteries and 16 regular operating hours notice for interments in Archmount Cemetery.

What days are interments permitted?
     Casket and Cremations interments are allowed Monday to Saturday generally between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. or late fees may be assessed. We cannot schedule an interment on a Sunday or a Statutory Holiday.

What hours are the cemeteries gates open?
     October 1 to March 31 the gates are open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and April 1 to September 30 they are open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Mountain View Cemetery and Royal View Memorial Cemetery. Gates are open these hours on Wednesdays and weekends only at St. Patrick’s Cemetery or by appointment – call 403 320 3008. There are no locked gates at Archmount Cemetery.

Can you tell us where specific graves are located within a cemetery?
     Yes we can and we will also provide you with a location map either by email or in person to assist you in visiting the actual location. Send your request to and include the first and last names and year of death if you have it.

Can flowers be delivered to the cemetery and placed on a grave?
      Yes they can, the florist may ask for an exact grave location when ordering and may either place the arrangement themselves or request the assistance of our staff to place the arrangement.

Can I return a plot that has been purchased but not used?
     Yes, you can return or exchange a plot with the proper documentation "Fees & Forms", or sell it on the open market. Any changes in plot ownership must be registered at the cemetery office and a transfer fee paid. The exception would be for plots purchased in Archmount Cemetery prior to 1982 (please contact the cemetery office for options for these plots).

Can I sell my burial rights (plot or niche) to someone else?
     Yes you may but a “Transfer of Burial Rights” application must be processed by the cemetery records office to validate the sale, the original title and payment for the transfer must accompany the request.

Can I donate a tree or a bench in memory of my loved one?
     Yes you may. We have a "Gifting Program" that allows for a taxable donation receipt to be issued. All donation requests are processed through the cemetery administration office 403 320 3008. At that time a location for your bench or tree will be agreed upon with the cemetery foreman.

Can a municipality put the complete cemetery record on a web page?
     Currently this information is considered personal and cannot be disclosed for individuals that have been dead for less than 25 years (section 17(2)(i) of the FOIP Act). Sharing of this information is on a case-by-case basis.

     We are working on an interactive Cemetery GIS Map for public access to deceased name searches with dates of death 25 years of older with a target of midyear 2016.

Do you have a question we have not answered? Ask us -