A fire watch may be requested in the event that life safety systems become inoperable.
Life safety systems include the following:
- Fire Alarm System
- Sprinkler Suppression System
- Emergency Generator
What is a Fire Watch?
- A physical patrol of;
- All common areas inside the structure including hallways, stairs, service rooms, chemical storage rooms
- The exterior of the property that is protected by a life safety system including attached structures and garages
- Any other room or area as directed by the fire department imposing the Fire Watch
- Develop procedures to notify the occupants of a fire or other emergency while the life safety system is inoperable
- Completion of a Fire Watch Record card every hour, 24 hours per day until such time as the deficient life safety system has been repaired or replaced, AND a letter from a certified contractor stating, the life safety system is fully functioning with no deficiencies, has been received by the Fire Prevention Bureau - Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services Department.
- Letters submitted after hours MUST be sent to email@example.com with a follow up phone call to Dispatch (403)329-1225 and the Fire Prevention Bureau administration line at (403)320-3811.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau (403) 320-3811