Students, clubs, associations and citizens are invited to book a tour of their local fire
station. During station tours, participants have the opportunity to meet the men and women
dedicated to your safety. Learn about the Lethbridge Fire Department vehicles and the
technical firefighting equipment that firefighters use on a daily basis. This is a great
opportunity for participants to learn about fire safety with the people who make it happen.
There is also an opportunity for participants to learn about fire safety. Children receive a fire
safety activity book or child fire helmet at the conclusion of each tour.
Booking a Tour
- At this time we are only able to schedule 1 tour per day
- Tours must be booked a minimum of 2 weeks in advance, but not more than 8 weeks.
- Tours are scheduled between 9-11am, 1:30-4pm and at 7pm
- Tours are approximately 45 minutes to an hour in duration
- In order to ensure the operational needs of the firefighters on duty are respected, please plan your groups arrival for no more than five minutes prior to your tour time
- Due to restricted parking at most fire startions, carpooling is advised
- Transportation must remain available as tours may be interrupted or cancelled on short notice due to call volume
- The maximum group size is limited to no more than 25 people per tour
- There must be one adult supervisor to every 5 children
- To ensure the educational experience is beneficial, children must be four years or older
- Please inform the fire department if any visitors require special needs (e.g. wheelchair accessibility)
- Tours can be booked at 3 of our 4 Fire Stations
- Fire Station #1: 207 4 Ave S
- Fire Station #2: 10 Jerry Potts Blvd W
- Fire Station #3: 2614 16 Ave S
- Please note, with it being a working fire station, tours are subject to cancellation if an emergency should occur. Should an alarm interrupt or cancel your tour, we will reschedule the tour for a later date.