Sign In

Selling a Home?

Tax Department

Are you signed up for the Tax Installment Prepayment Plan (TIPP) on the home you are selling?

It is your responsibility to cancel the plan by submitting a TIPP Cancellation form. The cancellation form can be found here or at City Hall. TIPP does not transfer to your new property. A new TIPP application is required when you purchase another property within the City.          

If you make property tax payments online and are purchasing another home within Lethbridge, you must change the tax account number (Roll Number) with your financial institution to ensure payment is applied to the correct property.

Selling a manufactured home?

Are you selling a home in Lethbridge? 

Download our brochure as a checklist to help guide you through the process with City of Lethbridge departments.

Bring a copy of the bill of sale to the Tax Department and we will update our records, change the  owner information,  and remove yourself as the responsible person for tax payments.

Do you need to update your mailing address?

If you own other properties and the home you are selling was the mailing address for those properties, request an address change for all affected properties by contacting Alberta Land Titles Office toll free at 310-0000 then ask for 403-297-6511 or follow the link to Alberta Land Titles Change of Address form. This process will also update Assessment and Taxation records.

To update a mailing address for a manufactured home, please complete this form.

Building Inspection Services

Ensure all inspections are completed and permits are closed for any construction or renovation projects.   
Contact 403-320-3920 or email if you have any further questions.

Utility Department

  • Cancel your water, sewer, garbage and electricity services (if applicable) by calling 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge) or email prior to vacating your home.
  • Supply a forwarding address to have remaining utility bills mailed to.
  • If you own other properties and the home you are selling was the mailing address for those properties. Request an address change for all affected utility accounts by calling 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge) or email
  • If you are purchasing or moving into another property in Lethbridge you will need to set up utilities for this property with the City of Lethbridge. Each property has its own account number.

Development Services

  • Obtain a Real Property Report (RPR) from an Alberta Land Surveyor indicating the location of the house, fences, decks, and other structures from the property lines. Application for a Letter of Compliance is then made with the City of Lethbridge where the RPR is reviewed to ensure the locations of all structures meet the requirements of the Land Use Bylaw.  Contact 403-320-3920 or email if you have any further questions.

Other Recommended Actions

  • Cancel your property insurance.
  • Update your personal identification.
  • If you own a dog and are purchasing another home or will continue to live in  Lethbridge, update your address with Regulatory Services at 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge) or the Lethbridge Animal Shelter at 403-320-4099.
  • Set up mail forward with Canada Post


Disclaimer: This may not be inclusive of all that is necessary to be changed.