Are you signed up for the
Tax Installment Prepayment Plan (TIPP) on the home you are selling?
It is your responsibility to cancel the plan by submitting a TIPP Cancellation form. The cancellation form can be found here or at City Hall.
TIPP does not transfer to your new property. A new TIPP application is required when you purchase another property within the City.
If you make
property tax payments online and are purchasing another home within Lethbridge, you must change the tax account number (Roll Number) with your financial institution to ensure payment is applied to the correct property.
Are you selling a home in Lethbridge?
as a checklist to help guide you through the process with City of Lethbridge departments
Bring a copy of the bill of sale to the Tax Department and we will update our records, change the owner information, and remove yourself as the responsible person for tax payments.
Do you need to
update your mailing address?
If you own other properties and the home you are selling was the mailing address for those properties, request an address change for all affected properties by contacting
Alberta Land Titles Office toll free at 310-0000 then ask for 403-297-6511 or follow the link to
Alberta Land Titles Change of Address form. This process will also update Assessment and Taxation records.
To update a mailing address for a manufactured home, please contact the Taxation Department at 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge).
Building Inspection Services
Ensure all inspections are completed and permits are closed for any
construction or renovation projects.
Contact 403-320-3920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
- Cancel your water, sewer, garbage and electricity services (if applicable) by calling 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge) prior to vacating your home.
- Supply a forwarding address to have remaining utility bills mailed to.
- If you own other properties and the home you are selling was the mailing address for those properties. Request an address change for all affected utility accounts by calling 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge).
- If you are purchasing or moving into another property in Lethbridge you will need to
set up utilities for this property with the City of Lethbridge.
Each property has its own account number.
- Obtain a Real Property Report (RPR) from an Alberta Land Surveyor indicating the location of the house, fences, decks, and other structures from the property lines. Application for a Letter of Compliance is then made with the City of Lethbridge where the RPR is reviewed to ensure the locations of all structures meet the requirements of the Land Use Bylaw. Contact 403-320-3920 or email
email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Other Recommended Actions
If you own a
dog and are purchasing another home or will continue to live in Lethbridge,
update your address with Regulatory Services at 311 or 403-320-3111 (outside Lethbridge) or the Lethbridge Animal Shelter at 403-320-4099.
mail forward with Canada Post
Disclaimer: This may not be inclusive of all that is necessary to be changed.