Neighbour Day | 3rd Saturday of June
Meet your Neighbour, Grow your Community
What is Neighbour Day?
The idea is to meet neighbours, make new friends, have fun and maybe work together on a project that benefits the entire community. It is an opportunity to celebrate community by connecting with neighbours, the very people we live next door to and to grow community.
What can you do to celebrate Neighbour Day?
There are many ways for you to connect with your neighbours and celebrate the vibrancy of your community. Here are just a few suggestions.
- host a
block party (using this
- have a neighbourhood picnic at a local park
- host a neighbourhood potluck or BBQ
- host afternoon tea in your backyard
- parade of lawn parties
- hold a sidewalk chalk drawing challenge
- participate in the
Clean Community Challenge
- participate in
- help your neighbour with their spring cleaning or gardening
- or be creative in your own way to celebrate community spirit in Lethbridge
More ideas can be found here:
NOTE: 2019 will be the final year this grant is available.
Visit our other pages for more information about:
Be sure to highlight your Neighbour Day events through Facebook and Instagram: #NeighbourDayYQL