About the Project
The focus of this study is to plan on-street,
commuter cycling routes through Lethbridge connecting to key
pathways and existing roadways as outlined in the City's Cycling Master Plan. This project will look at
both on-street dedicated cycling lanes and shared cycling lanes.
The scope of this study will identify cycling infrastructure along the major corridors of the cycling network identified in the first three stages of the Cycling Master Plan. These include:
- 4 Ave. S from Scenic Dr. S to Stafford Dr. S
- 6 St. S from 3 Ave. N to 7 Ave. S
- Stafford Dr. from 5 Ave. N to 7 Ave. S (excluding Highway 3 and Canadian Pacific Railway bridge crossings)
- 2A Ave. N from Stafford Dr. N to 13 St. N
- Highway 3/1 Ave. S from Mayor Magrath Dr. to 32 St. S
Gathering input from public and stakeholders will be a vital part of this project. Community engagement will help identify existing concerns and issues along the corridors, develop options and test different solution to determine the preferred design.
This planning project is part of the City's 2018-2027 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and is included in the overall budget for the Bikeways/Pathways/Sidewalks Along Roadways initiative (C-6).
|City of Lethbridge Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
Cycling Master Plan
Cycling Master Plan Maps
2018-2027 Capital Improvement Program
Adam St. Amant, Project Manager