The new Fire Headquarters is located at 207 4th Avenue South and has replaced Fire Hall #1 currently located on 6th Avenue South.
Due to the high concentration of emergency calls in the downtown area and overall growth in the Community a larger centrally-located Fire Hall was required to maintain current service levels.
This new structure now co-locates the following, improving operational effectiveness:
- Fire Department Administration
- Public Safety Communications Centre (PSCC)
- Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
- Fire/Emergency Services Operations
- Fire Prevention & Fire Investigations
The design includes environmentally sustainable building features where feasible.
The funding sources towards this project were:
- Alberta Municipal Infrastructure Program (AMIP) Grant: $15,324,000
- Municipal Sustainability Initiative (MSI) Grant: $2,100,000
- City of Lethbridge: $1,884,900
The Total Project Budget for the Fire Headquarters building was $19,308,900
Patrick Spanos, B. Mgt., P.L.(Eng)
Building Project Manager
City of Lethbridge
Deputy Chief, Strategic Services
Stuart Olsen Dominion Construction Company
Ferrari Westwood Babits Architects