About the Project
Changes to the neighbourhood and downtown city parking meters have caused parking shortages for patrons of the Galt Museum. The solution to the escalating problem is to renovate, expand and control the public parking available at this facility. During the renovation, existing concrete curbs that have been broken or displaced will also be properly installed.
Parking lot improvements include:
- lot extension eight feet west
- removal of material from curbing and sidewalk
- relocate six light poles
- installation of an irrigation line from the Galt to the green strip separation along 4th Avenue
- installation of curbing
- installation of a sidewalk along the west side of the parking lot
- purchase and installation of a multi-space meter system
- line painting for approximately 115 stalls
- possible installation of wet land/vegetation filter for storm water
This project will be completed in conjunction with the River Valley Accessibility project, which is planned for the summer of 2020.