||Fleet Repair Building - Complete|
Operations Building - Complete
Sanitation Vehicle Storage Building - Complete
Fleet Repair Building - 2013
Operations Building - 2012
Sanitation Vehicle Storage Building - 2010
||200 Block of 7th Street North|
The site redevelopment includes:
- Construction of a new 8,160 sq. m. Fleet Building ($19.4M)
- Construction of a new 1,100 sq. m. Sanitation Vehicle Storage Building ($1.5M)
- Additions & Renovation to the Operations building ($6.3M)
- New Fueling Station ($680,000)
- New Electric Trailer Storage Building ($735,000)
- Construction of a new parking lot, relocation of the police impound, and roadway modifications ($2.4M)
- Demolition of the existing Fleet and Parks and Transportation buildings ($450,000)
- Other work (miscellaneous site, signage, lighting, security systems) ($2.98M)
The project will extend the service life of the operations site by approximately 25 years.
The designs will include environmentally sustainable building features where feasible.
Additional Project Information
The Public Operations Site is located immediately North of the Crowsnest Trail and south of 5th Avenue North.
The site is optimally located for efficient delivery of services. Major buildings on the site include: the Fleet (vehicle repair and storage) facility, Public Operations /Electrical Operations / Stores Building, Parks and transportation building, Facility Services/ Employee Resource Centre Building, and the Transit Garage and Repair Facility. 450 to 650 employees (35 to 50% of all City staff) work at the site depending on the season
The following issues with the current Operations Site are:
- The Fleet and Parks and Transportation Building are in poor condition.
- The Fleet building is partially located on a closed land fill; an extraction system removes methane gas that seeps in. Consolidation of the land fill is causing significant structural damage.
- Buildings are poorly ventilated.
- Enclosed vehicle storage areas scattered throughout the site creates inefficient operations.
- Traffic patterns are extremely dangerous.
- The Police Impound is not a complementary activity for the site.
Fleet Repair Building:
- Design: June 2008 – January 2010
- Tender: March 2010
- Construction: June 2010 August 2013
Sanitation Vehicle Storage Building
- Design: June 2009 – August 2009
- Tender: September 2009
- Construction: November 2009 – January 2010
- Design: December 2005 – August 2010
o July 2009 (Phase 1)
o October 2010 (Phase 2 & 3)
o April 2008 – Dec 2008 (Control Centre)
o July 2009 – September 2010 (Phase – 1)
o January 2011 – October 2012 (Phase 2 & 3)
Facilities Project Manager
City of Lethbridge
Ward Bros. Construction Ltd. (Control Centre Operations Building & Site Work)
Clark Builders (Sanitation Building)
Wahl Construction Ltd. (Phase – 1 of Operations Building)
Dawson Wallace Construction Ltd. (Phase – 2 & 3 of Operations Building)
Lear Construction Management (Fleet Repair)
Quinn Young Architects Ltd. (Master Plan, Site work, Fleet Repair & Operations Buildings)Clark Builders (Sanitation Building, Site Work and Sand Shelter)
Stantec Engineering (Site work & Fuel Station)