2013 Pathway Construction
||Winter 2013/2014 |
||Various Location Throughout the City|
About the Project
This project will construct 4 pathways at various locations throughout the City of Lethbridge.
The City of Lethbridge completed the Bikes and Pathways Master Plan in March 2007, which was subsequently endorsed by City Council in the Summer of 2007. The Master Plan has proposed a bike and pathway classification and has identified a number of corridors for bikeways and pathways developed in the City of Lethbridge. These pathways are part of the implementation plan to the system.
The scope of the work includes design and tendering of the projects. ISL Engineering has been hired to complete this task. Construction will follow and is planned for May 2013 start.
Design Development and Construction of 4 pathway segments:
Popson Park Dog Run Pathway (Complete)
- 2 metre wide limestone pathway
- Provides all weather surface to walk on
Coachwood Point Pathway (Complete)
- 1.5 metre wide limestone pathway
- Connects Ridgewood to Heritage Subdivision along the coulee edge
Pathway #7 (Complete)
- 1.5 metre wide crushed limestone pathway
- Connects the west side of the river bottom between Whoop Up Drive and Eizabeth Hall Wetlands
Pathway #20 (Complete)
- 2 metre wide crushed limestone pathway
- Connects 32nd Avenue South to Tudor Estates along the coulee behind Lethbridge College
|Pay As You Go (PAYG)
Dave Ellis, Parks Manager
403 320 3848