About the Project
Gravel Roadway Upgrades are the reconstruction of existing gravel roads. This typically includes raising the grade of the roadway, widening and improving drainage. If traffic volumes are sufficient, the upgrades will also include paving.
Every year the city upgrades those roadways that have been identified as the highest priority. For 2012, the following roadways are scheduled to be upgraded:
43rd Street North between Giffin Road and 26th Avenue North. Project includes:
- paving of the existing gravel road, and
- a new connection to Giffin Road.
Whoop Up Drive extension. Project includes:
- raising and rebuilding the existing gravel road from Maurentania Drive to the western city boundary,
- paving the roadway from Coalbanks Gate West to Maurentania Drive, and
- Improving the Whoop up Drive Maurentania intersection
Information about the Whoop-Up Drive extension project can be found here.
|Grant - Basic Capital
|Pay as You Go Transportation
43rd St North Gravel Upgrade Map
403 329 7337