Community Information Session
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, Drop-in from 3-7 p.m.
ATB Centre - 74 Mauretania Rd. W.
(Main floor concourse)
Residents were invited to a community information session to learn how the City of Lethbridge is managing the challenges of community growth in central west Lethbridge:
- See design plans for accelerating the construction of four-lanes on Whoop-Up Drive from McMaster Boulevard West/Jerry Potts Boulevard West to 30 Street West
- Review design plans for accelerated construction of Metis Trail from Whoop-Up Drive to Walsh Drive
- Tour the brand new arenas and 10-sheet curling rink in ATB Centre-Phase 1
- Learn more about the aquatics centre, fitness centre, gyms and fieldhouse that will be in ATB Centre-Phase 2 which will open in 2019
- Share your thoughts on the future needs of our growing community
September 22, 2016 - Tendering/Construction Timeline:
- Tender-Whoop-Up Drive Expansion: Fall 2016
- Tender-Metis Trail Construction - Fall 2016
- Construction-Whoop-Up Dr & Metis Trail - Spring 2017 to Fall 2018
August 22, 2016 - City Council approved a plan to fast track the widening of Whoop-Up Drive and the completion of sections of Metis Trail beginning in 2017. This new work will see Whoop-Up Drive expanded to four lanes from two between McMaster Blvd/Jerry Potts Blvd and 30 Street West as well as the completion of the first two lanes of Metis Trail between Walsh Drive and Whoop-Up Drive West. Combined, the projects have an estimated total budget of $21.3 million.
August 9, 2016 - Detailed design for the projects are complete. The City is currently exploring methods to finance the construction of the projects.
December 7, 2015 – City council awarded the Project.
Funding (Preliminary Design only)
|City of Lethbridge||$1,187,197|