We invite your classroom or community group to join the City of Lethbridge for an exciting, interactive tour of the Waste & Recycling Centre. Participants gain an understanding of the following key concepts:
This program connects to the Grade 4 "Waste and Our World" curriculum unit and enables many of the
Alberta Education cross-curricular competencies.
- Waste is a resource! It takes something to make something.
- How a modern landfill is designed and built
- How the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) sorts our recyclables
- Many things we dispose of are simply too good to waste
Online Resources for Teachers
- Click here for Too Good to Waste Voiceover PowerPoint Presentation Video
- Click here for Too Good to Waste "Jeopardy" Quiz Game
- Click here for HSNC Home Eco Challenge, WRC Tour Video
- Click here for Material Recovery Facility (MRF), "Blue Cart Recycling Sorting It Out" Video
Let Us Know What You Need
We recognize that all classrooms are different. We have lots of other resources and activities for the classroom! Please let us know what we can do to help you bring waste and recycling education into your learning space.
Contact 311 for more details!
Other Resources for Teachers
- Click here for Recycling Council of Alberta Teacher Resources
- Click here for Waste Reduction Week Teachers Resource
- Click here for interesting video, "For 30 Days I Wore Every Piece of Trash I Created"
More Waste, Water and Ecosystem Resources
- Click here for lesson plans, guides, and brochures
- Click here to learn more about HSNC Natural Leaders Project, immersive program to discover our role as stewards in this ecosystem
For more information
Submit a service request
Phone: 311 or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)
Address: City Hall, 910 4 Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0P6