Residential Parking Permits
To avoid the potential of Institutional (businesses, educational, health facilities, etc.) vehicles parking on residential streets, the City of Lethbridge will initiate, at the request of the affected community, a residential parking permit (RPP) program as follows:
1. The zone will be built out from the Institution, this means that for a street one block from Institution to be an RPP zone the next closest block must also be an RPP zone.
2. The zones will be initiated upon a two thirds (2/3) request response from the community.
3. The zone will be effective from 08:00 to 16:00 weekdays unless otherwise requested in the RPP application.
4. The posted time limit will be 2 hours unless otherwise requested by the community as this allows visitors the opportunity to park for short periods without a Visitor permit. The entire RPP zone will be signed with a single time limit for efficient enforcement.
5. All the time limit applications shall be reviewed, approved and implemented by Administration.
6. No new ‘Parking by Permit Only’ RPP zones shall be established unless approved by City Council.
7. All vehicles registered to households within the RPP zone will be eligible to receive permits as well as one visitor permit. One permit per vehicle will be issued upon providing proof of residency.
8. Display of the visitor permit will allow vehicles to park for periods exceeding the posted time limit. If a Visitor permit is lost or stolen it will not be replaced until the following year.
Please contact Transportation at 403-320-4085 to request for an RPP petition package.