Sign In

Street Use Permits for Residents & Moving Permits

Street Use Permits for Residents

Street Use permits are required if things like a demolition bin, moving bin, scaffolding, construction materials or equipment occupy space on a City owned right-of-way (i.e. alley, sidewalk, boulevard, and street).

Before you place a demolition bin on a road, lane, or boulevard, you will need to get a street use permit.

Questions about street use permits can be directed to 311 or permit requests can be e-mailed to

Moving Permits

Moving permits are required in case of a house move and wide or over dimensional load moves through City of Lethbridge

  • Must be applied for a minimum four (4) working days in advance
  • May require you to provide written notification to affected residents/ businesses by way of hand delivered letters 72 hours in advance
  • May require you to supply a copy of your Alberta Transportation permit
  • May have additional fees associated if the city is providing the Temporary Traffic Controls
  • May require you to supply a traffic control plan as part of your application
  • May require you to provide the city with Indemnification Insurance
  • Ensure demolition permits are obtained prior to applying for moving permits.
    Please contact the City to make arrangements for over dimensional loads.
Inquiries for moving permits can be directed to 311.