Lethbridge Transit offers a variety of bus services and options for your charter needs. Please consult the table below to help identify which best serves you,
Maximum Number of Passengers
|35 seated (2 wheelchairs reduces the capacity to 25)|
Various combinations are available. The maximum number of the ambulatory is 16 with the capacity to carry one wheelchair. The maximum number of wheelchair passengers is 6 with the capacity to carry 2 ambulatory passengers.
Maximum Trip Distance
|80 km radius of the City of Lethbridge|
|160 km radius of the City of Lethbridge|
|Buses are low floor with no steps. They kneel to the curb to allow passengers to walk right on.
Capacity for 2 passengers in wheelchairs.
|All mobility aids. Low floor buses or high floor with lifts.|
|Transit Bus||6:00 AM - Midnight|
|AAR Bus||7:00 AM - Midnight*|
*exceptions may be made for medical reasons for those passengers confined to a wheelchair
**Meal per diems, required if over 6 hours, will be charged at the following rates:
|$95/hour with a minimum of a 2-hour booking
|$55/hour with a minimum of a 2-hour booking|
$35/hour wait time
Breakfast - $10.00
Lunch - $13.00
Supper - $23.00
Charter Policy & Procedure
- Please review the Service Options and select which vehicle will fit best for your needs.
- Complete the online
Charter Request Form.
- Once received, your request will be reviewed by Transit staff to ensure both bus and staff availability. If your request can be accommodated, Lethbridge Transit will generate a "Quote Only" form which will be emailed to you.
- Carefully review the "Quote Only" form for accuracy. If satisfied, please date, sign and return it to the Transit Office. Please keep a copy for your records. If this form is not signed and returned, your booking will not be made. Once returned, Lethbridge Transit will consider the booking confirmed and our Charter Booking, Changes, and Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Request Forms should be submitted to the Transit Office a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- After your booking occurs, Lethbridge Transit will bill you for the services provided. If there are additional hours, kilometres, or services provided, they will be included in this bill. Please remember that your quote is a quote only. It is based on the services that you had requested. If additional services are provided, you will be billed accordingly.
- You must then submit payment within 30 days. You may do so by mail to City Hall in the form of a cheque or cash for the amount billed. If you wish to pay by debit, you can do so in person at the Transit Office or on the 3rd floor of City Hall. Please have your contract number with you. A $45.00 fee will be charged for all NSF cheques.
Cancellations and Changes
- Any changes to your booking or cancellations must be made to Lethbridge Transit at least 72 hours prior to your departure. The Change/Cancellation Form must be submitted outlining your requirements.
- A $65.00 administration charge will be billed for cancellations with less than 48 hours' notice.
- Cancellations or no-shows on the day of the booking will result in a two-hour call-out charge of $165.00 for each bus unless the cancellation is weather-related.
- If you need to speak to somebody regarding your charter, please call our office at (403)320-3885 Monday to Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm. If you need to speak to someone outside those hours, please call our Emergency After Hours Line at (403)315-1489. It is available Monday to Friday from 6:00 – 8:00 am and 4:30pm – midnight, on Saturdays from 6:00 am – midnight, and Sundays from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm.
- We will not accommodate pub crawls.
- We will not start a new charter after midnight unless it is for medical reasons and you are confined to a wheelchair.
- Trip duration is not to exceed 15 hours from the time of departure.
- All charters are based on bus and staff availability. Please book well in advance.
- For in-town School Bus Charters, there will be no pick-ups prior to 9:00 am or between 2:20 and 4:15 pm.