Locate requests submitted to Alberta-one-Call (CLICK BEFORE YOU DIG)
, are marked by coloured lines (water-soluble paint), stakes or flags in the colour to represent the various services. White
– proposed excavation
– temporary survey markings
– electrical, lighting cables
– gas, oil, steam
– telephone, cable, TV, signals, alarms
– potable water
– sanitary and storm sewer, culverts
– reclaimed water, irrigation, slurry
- Black paint marking on your property
are part of an Electrical Engineering Design study. This paint is washable and
no excavation will occur.
Locate marks identify the horizontal alignment of the buried utilities. Locate marks are approximate only and exposing lines by hand-digging helps prevent accidents.
If you did not request the locate, it is possible that the City of Lethbridge or another utility company requested the locate to do work in the vicinity (for example Shaw or Telus). This work could include the installation of new cables, telephone lines, trees or sidewalks.