2023 Property Tax Notices being mailed out this week
The 2023 Property Tax Notices are being mailed on Wednesday, May 24.
Property owners who do not receive a 2023 Tax Notice by June 1 can log into MyCity, at Lethbridge.ca/MyCity, and register their property using the roll number and access code located on the Property Assessment Notice sent January 4, 2023. A copy of your tax notice can be reprinted once registered. If you are unable to do this, please call 311 (or 403-320-3111 if calling from outside of Lethbridge), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to delays at Alberta Land Title Office, property owners may have taken possession of a property in the City of Lethbridge but not be registered on title yet. If this is the case and you have not received your tax notice, please contact us for a copy. Proof of ownership will be required.
Late payment penalties will not be waived if you did not receive your Tax Notice.
Taxes are due by June 30, 2023, and a 7% penalty will be applied to all unpaid 2023 tax balances as of July 1.
The following payment options are available:
- In person: cash, cheques, and debit card payments are accepted on the main floor at City Hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Credit cards are not accepted at City Hall
- Directly at your bank and the City will accept the teller stamp date as the date of payment received
- Online or telephone banking using the 13-digit roll number located in the top right of your tax notice. Please select “Lethbridge (City of) Taxes”
- Cheque or money order can be mailed or dropped off at City Hall, 910 - 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0P6
- Please do not send cash by mail
- The City has a secure mailbox located at the front doors of City Hall or the drive-through drop box in the traffic circle behind City Hall; or
- Online with your credit card through lethbridge.ca/pay. For a fee, you can pay using MasterCard or Visa. Allow 1-2 business days for processing.
Property owners have the option of using our convenient monthly Tax Instalment Prepayment Plan (TIPP), which provides an annual discount credit of 2%. Property owners, whose 2023 taxes are paid in full, can sign up for TIPP before July 20 to be enrolled in the program for their 2024 property taxes. Please visit www.lethbridge.ca/tipp for further information on this program.
Additional information about assessment, taxes and penalties can be found on the back of the Tax Notice, at www.lethbridge.ca/taxes or by calling 311.
910 4 Avenue South
Lethbridge, AB T1J 0P6
or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)