Follow 28 Street North until the road bends to the right (approximately 7 km out of town). The Centre is located just after the bend, on the left hand side of the road. Use the Google Map below for directions.
When visiting the Waste & Recycling Centre (landfill), please follow these guidelines:
- Do not visit the site if you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sneezing or sore throat
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from others at all times
- Self-service sites: must be able to unload your own material
- Follow site attendant directions at all times.
Residents with yard waste will be directed to the Compost Pad:
- Use paper bags to avoid having to un-bag materials from plastic bags. This will speed up the drop-off process and limit contact between staff and the public.
- Maximum of two customers unloading branches at a time
- Maximum of two customers unloading yard waste at a time
- Please use unloading stalls provided to ensure physical distancing
- Regular tipping fees apply. Cashless transactions are preferred but cash will be accepted.
Where is the Waste & Recycling Centre Located?
What are the Hours of Operation?
Summer Hours: April 1 - October 31
Monday - Saturday, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Winter Hours: November 1 - March 31
Monday - Saturday, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed on all statutory holidays except Family Day (the third Monday in February).
If the wind exceeds 60km/hour the landfill will be closed. During times of high wind conditions, below 60km/hour, the landfill may be closed at the discretion of the scale house. If you are uncertain please call 311 to confirm.
What is the Secure Load Policy?
All loads entering and exiting the Waste & Recycling Centre must be secured to prevent waste and litter from spilling or blowing off of vehicles onto roadways and ditches. Read more...
What items does the Waste and Recycling Centre Accept?
What are the landfill disposal rates?
here for the full list of landfill tipping rates.
Free Saturday Disposal (up to 250 kg) Program
Every Saturday, year-round, residents can dispose of up to 250 kg of their additional household and bulky waste items at the centre for free. For waste exceeding 250 kg, tipping rates apply.
What if I have waste that requires special handling?
Asbestos, sludge, sump waste, packing house materials and other items require special handling procedures. All special waste loads must be scheduled at least 24 hours prior to delivery with load sizes, container type and material type described. All loads require a City of Lethbridge manifest and need to be registered with the landfill operator by calling 403-320-7188. Special waste disposal is weather dependent and scheduled deliveries may need to be cancelled under certain weather conditions.
Where can I take business and commercial hazardous waste?
A processor can help your business safely dispose of hazardous waste. Search for "Hazardous Material handling" or "Waste Disposal Service" under you local public directory.
How can I open a landfill charge account?
Large volume business customers may qualify for a charge account.
Click here for a printable application, or contact us at 311 for more information.
Waste and Recycling Centre Master Plan
Click here to view the
Waste & Recycling Centre Master Plan
Waste and Recycling
For more information
Report a problem like missed collection or mess in lane
Phone: 311 or 403-320-3111 (if outside of Lethbridge)
Online: Service request options