The Fee Assistance program offers funding for individuals and families that face financial barriers. The program subsidizes the cost of recreation and culture programs.
Funding is available for one program/activity, to a maximum of $150 per person, per season, while funds are available.
- Seasons span from January 1 – June 30, and July 1 – December 31
Gross adult household income is required to meet Statistics Canada’s Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) thresholds. Adults living in shared housing, with roommate(s), or with dependents will be based on individual household income.
- see details under low income qualifications
To qualify for Fee Assistance, recreation and culture programs and activities must:
- Be a Lethbridge organization or an organization with a branch in Lethbridge that holds a business license in Lethbridge.
- Be a minimum of 4 days/classes in length, be a camp, or be used for a membership at any organization that offers recreational or cultural activities, including virtual classes.
- Be eligible for federal tax credits under the former Physical Activity of Arts and Culture tax credit guidelines.
Reimbursable fees (i.e: fundraising or uniform deposits), travel to our-of-town competition, or programs of three days or less are ineligible for Fee Assistance.