Targeted Redevelopment Incentive
The City of Lethbridge’s Targeted Redevelopment Incentive offers a tax incentive for targeted redevelopment projects in our urban core districts that have a budget of at least $500,000. The incentive supports these projects by reducing the municipal tax increases between pre-renovation assessments and post-renovation assessments.
Apply for the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive
To apply for the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive for your redevelopment project, please submit a Targeted Redevelopment Incentive Application Package to Crystal.Scheit@lethbridge.ca
Applications must be received prior to or at the time of the development permit application submission, late applications will be considered at the discretion of the Urban Revitalization Manager.
- Once we receive your application and confirm that is it complete, we will present it to City Council for approval.
To qualify for the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive, redevelopment projects must involve developing, redeveloping or renovating residential or commercial lands and buildings that are:
- Located within one of Lethbridge’s urban core districts including Downtown, Warehouse District, or 13 Street North, and/or
- Classified as a brownfield property
- Minimum construction value of $500,000.00
- For more information on incentive calculations, project compliance and project eligibility, please refer to the Procedure section in the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive Program Policy below.
For more information on incentive calculations, project compliance and project eligibility, please refer to the Procedure section in the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive Program Policy.
Read the Targeted Redevelopment Incentive to learn more about minimum construction values and incentives and see examples of how this funding may be used.