Skip to main content Skip to footer


Traffic Safety and Lighting

Contact 311 to request features and permits that keep our streets safe and traffic flowing.

Traffic signals

  • Report a traffic signal light that is not working
  • Report a traffic signal knocked down
  • Report traffic signal timing issue

Traffic calming request

  • Traffic calming request
  • Request temporary traffic control

Sign requests

  • Report a damaged traffic sign
  • New traffic sign request

Mobility accessibility

The City of Lethbridge is a place where people of all ages and abilities can participate in the community.

The Master Plan will guide the optimization of our physical infrastructure to allow for equal access to programs and services for ALL people, including those with physical, sensory and cognitive disabilities. Download the Master Plan


Mobility and Accessibility in Our Community Presentation

Design Aid for Barrier-Free Accessibility in Existing Buildings - Alberta Infrastructure

Barrier Free Resources are available by purchase through the Alberta Safety Codes Council.

Mobility / Accessibility Master Plan

Contact: If you have any mobility or accessibility concerns or solutions, please let us know by contacting David Sarsfield, Deputy City Clerk

Pedestrian crossing requests

Request a marked pedestrian crossing or flasher by contacting 311.

Street use permits for residents

Street Use permits are required if things like a demolition bin, moving bin, scaffolding, construction materials or equipment occupy space on a City-owned right-of-way (i.e. alley, sidewalk, boulevard, and street).

Questions about street use permits can be directed to 311 or permit requests can be e-mailed to

Moving permits

Request a moving permit by contacting 311. 

Moving permits are required in case of a house move and wide or over dimensional load moves through City of Lethbridge. Requirements:

  • Must be applied for a minimum of four (4) working days in advance
  • May require you to provide written notification to affected residents/ businesses by way of hand-delivered letters 72 hours in advance
  • May require you to supply a copy of your Alberta Transportation permit
  • May have additional fees associated if the city is providing the Temporary Traffic Controls
  • May require you to supply a traffic control plan as part of your application
  • May require you to provide the city with Indemnification Insurance
  • Ensure demolition permits are obtained prior to applying for moving permits.
    Please contact the City to make arrangements for over-dimensional loads.

Community lighting

Street lighting is designed for the safety of both drivers and pedestrians. Report a burnt-out street light by contacting 311.

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.