Property taxes are due on the last business day of June.
The money raised from property taxes are critical to fund municipal services. These services include policing and fire protection, emergency rescue and ambulance, infrastructure and roadways, transit, and human services to help all citizens within our community. Keeping these services working is essential for a healthy and functional community.
Property Tax Tools
Your property tax is made up of:
- A municipal portion - based on the budget City Council sets
- *An education tax - to support the public education system, which includes public and separate school boards. The Government of Alberta determines the amount of education tax each municipality in Alberta will pay
- *A Green Acres tax - to support the operation of their senior housing management body in Southern Alberta. This rate is set by the Green Acres Foundation.
- Some residents also pay local improvement charges
* The City of Lethbridge is required by legislation to collect additional taxes from property owners on behalf of the Government of Alberta and the Green Acres Foundation. This is not additional revenue for the City. The City of Lethbridge only collects these taxes and has no jurisdiction or control over the tax allocation or operations of these entities.
Additional Tax Information
For more information