- When a new building or an addition to an existing building is completed in the calendar year, a supplementary tax bill will be issued by the end of the year.
- The supplementary tax bill will reflect the number of months the building was completed or occupied during the year.
- Learn more about Supplementary Tax
Local Improvement Tax
- There may be additional charges on your tax bill for previously approved local improvements.
- Local improvements include new or replacement construction projects intended to upgrade specific areas in communities throughout the city.
- Examples of local improvements are sidewalk replacement and lane paving.
- Learn more about local improvements
Business Improvement Area
The City collects taxes for the Downtown Lethbridge Improvement Area to provide for improvements in the downtown area.
Manufactured Home Tax
- Designated manufactured homes are assessed and taxed in the same manner as other houses, structures, and improvements
- Property tax on designated manufactured homes is based on the assessed value of the buildings and improvements only
- The land is assessed separately and notices are mailed to the owner of the designated Manufactured Home community
- Payment of the annual property taxes is the responsibility of the owner on record at the time of billing as reflected on the tax notice
- Change your mailing address for your manufactured home.
- Complete the Declaration of Manufactured Home Ownership form if you have recently purchased a manufactured home.
Exempt to Taxable Change
- If an exempt property becomes liable to taxation during the tax year, such as land purchased from the City, an amended Assessment and Taxation Notice will be issued by the end of the year
- The amended Assessment and Taxation Notice will reflect the number of months that the land was owned by you